Software Develoment Engineer in Test (SDET) for Online Software (Tandem Suite)
For more than ten years, some remarkably skilled professionals have been writing Tandem information security compliance software for financial institutions. More than 1,400 financial institutions in all 50 states use Tandem software. Our goal is to help make compliance processes better and easier for our customers. This spirit of friendly and extreme service is the catalyst for our growing business. The Tandem team is made up of intelligent, dynamic people who are doing what they love. They promote a positive work environment that supports creativity and growth. An extra bonus is our parent company, CoNetrix, was voted Best Workplace in 2018 as well as Best Computer/IT Service Company in 2018.
About the Position
Tandem is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test to join our Quality Assurance team. More than just testing features after they are built, you'll work closely with our development and support teams to plan, prioritize, and deploy features across multiple platforms. Responsibilities include:
- Review and develop requirements for upcoming features
- Design test plans and test cases based on requirements
- Manual execution of test cases moving toward automation goals
- Identify, document and coordinate resolution of bugs
- Track quality assurance, performance, and utility metrics
You would be a good fit if:
- You have prior experience in software quality assurance and testing.
- Attention to detail is what you are known for.
- You have basic understanding of how websites work.
- You are familiar with the Microsoft Office suite.
- You are good at listening, speaking, and writing. Yes, accurate and effective communication, presentation, and training skills are essential for this position.
- You are a self-starter. You don't sit and wait for someone to tell you what to do next. Instead, you will explore, learn, discover, and share fresh ideas to make Tandem even better. We encourage this.
- You are tenacious. You don't give up.
- You are inquisitive and curious. You have a drive to understand what is under the hood
- You have an insatiable appetite for learning. You are a lifelong student with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.
- You live in Lubbock or the Lubbock area, or have ties to the Texas South Plains. This position is in our main office in Lubbock, Texas.
- Icing on the cake. Experience in Quality Assurance, application development, or web security will give you head-start for this position.
Does this sound like you?
There's a good chance you're more wonderful than you think you are. We highly favor talent, interest, and ambition and are flexible on the number of years and depth of experience for this role.
Would you like to join our team? If so, email your interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If not, check back with us to see future possibilities.