Find a Speaker
Learn more about this speaker, including:
certifications, speaking topics, and previous engagements.
- Security Awareness
- IT Exam Handbook Updates
- Third Party Oversight
- Business Continuity Management
- Information Security
The enthusiasm of the presenters was contagious. Very dynamic.
Leticia and Russ were amazing! Would totally listen to them again.
Russ's energy & enthusiasm was a great way to start the day.
Great interactive session with a dynamic speaker! For the morning of the 3rd day and what could be slightly dry as it related to FFIEC guidelines, Russ''s format facilitated learning. I really appreciated it.
Excellent session! Russ was engaging and inclusive of all students and did a great job of educating. Would love to have him as a trainer again!
This session was truly a learning experience vs a seminar. I felt educated and I gained some great nuggets of information.
The best presentation of the conference.
Russ Horn found a passion for technology at an early age, programming and playing on a Commodore 64. Russ has more than 20 years of professional technical and information security experience. He currently serves as the President of CoNetrix, a full-service information technology/security firm focused on serving financial institutions. In addition to performing IT audits and security consulting, he has taught technology courses at the university level, spoken at numerous security conferences, and published multiple security articles. Russ earned a B.A. in Mathematics, an M.S. degree in Management Information Systems, and has achieved the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) designations. Along with his interest in technology and cybersecurity, Russ is a husband, father, and runner.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- 2022 KEYS Conference
- Foundations of Information Security
- 2022 ISACA Conference
- Geek Speak to Business Communication
- 2022 CoNetrix Webinar
- New Cyber Incident Reporting Law for Critical Infrastructure Companies
- 2021 Dallas Area Compliance Association (DACA) Presentation
- Hot Topics in Cybersecurity
- 2021 Texas Bank and Trust (TBT) and IIA OKC
- Cybersecurity Insight 2021
- 2021 City Bank Conference
- Cybersecurity and Your Business
- 2021 Tandem Summer Series
- Cybersecurity Trends in the Financial Institution Industry
- 2021 Texas Bankers Association (TBA) Internal Audit School
- IT Audit
- 2021 ISACA Conference North America
- Geek Speak to Business Communication: 4 Principles to Effectively Communicate IT Concepts to a Non-IT Audience
- 2021 Oklahoma Bankers Association (OBA) Compliance School
- 2018-21 Cybersecurity
- 2013-17 Social Media
- 2021 Smarter Faster Payments: Remote Connect 2021
- Your Behavior Through Education & Response
- 2021 LEAD Conference: LEAD with Courage Wisdom Integrity
- 2020 ISACA and IIA Governance, Risk, and Control (GRC) Conference
- Batcave to Board Room: Translating Geek Speak to Business Communication
- 2020 American Bankers Association (ABA) Risk and Compliance Virtual Conference
- Next-Gen Social Media Compliance Strategies
- 2020 ICBA New Mexico The IT Factor, Navigating the Pandemic Conference
- Review the State of Cybersecurity Survey and Post COVID Cybersecurity Concerns
- 2019 ISACA Infosecurity North America Expo and Conference
- Bat Cave to Board Room, Selling Technology Solutions to Upper Management
- 2019 ICBA New Mexico IT Conference
- Management of the ISO & Separation from the Network Admin
- 2019 South Plains Bankers Association Security Meeting
- State of Cybersecurity
- 2019 KEYS Conference
- State of Cybersecurity in Financial Industry
- Business Impact Analysis
- 2019 CoNetrix Webinar
- Business Email Compromise Fraud: What Credit Unions Need to Know
- State of Cybersecurity in 2019
- 2019 Oklahoma Bankers Association (OBA) Intermediate School of Banking
- 2019 Cybersecurity
- 2013-2018 Social Media
- 2019 Interactiv Conference
- Finding Purpose in Our Work
- 2019 CompTIA ChannelCon
- 2018 ISACA North America CACS Conference
- Understanding the Role of a Bank ISO
- 2018 Texas Bankers Association Technology Conference
- Cybersecurity Threats to Financial Institutions
- 2018 Alabama Bankers Association (ABA) Conference
- Preparing for Your Next IT Exam
- 2018 IBAT IT Security Summit
- Are you my ISO?
- 2018 CoNetrix ISO Summer Series
- Regulatory Structure and the Role of the ISO
- 2018 KEYS Conference
- Pre-Conference Seminar: Information Security Officer (ISO) Workshop